Every serious RTO and Training Business understands how important it is to appear on the front pages of Google for their Keywords. But how can you find the best keywords for your business, so you can appear more frequently in Google searches and even crack Page 1 for the right keywords for your business.
Let's start with What is a Keyword?
A keyword, in the context of SEO, is a particular word or phrase that describes the contents of a Web page. Keywords use to be very central to the function of search engines. Search engines could crawl sites and, if the keywords were accurate, serve those sites up as search results. However, people began abusing this and started to enter Keywords in an attempt to show up higher in searches, and even to rank in completely unrelated searches. For this reason, the importance of keywords in SEO has been reduced. However Keywords are arguably still an important factor in SEO.
Fortunately Google has developed a number of resources to assist us in discovering the best Keywords for your Training Business. This business update will show you how you can take advantage of Google's Keyword Planner tool to improve and determine the best keywords for your business.
Firstly to use Google's Keyword Planner Tool you need to have a Google Adwords Account. You can sign up for one here. You don't need to pay anything simply enter some basic information and your ready to go.
1. After you sign in go to Tools and then Keyword Planner.
2. You are then presented with a number of options. The best option to get started is the Search for new keywords, using a phrase, website or category.
This is the perfect tool for discovering new keywords
3. Now this is where the planner provides the best use of the information you enter. The clearer the information the better the results.
You can enter Keywords being the product or service- In this example we are using Training Resources.
You may wish to enter your landing page, however this is mainly for use by those using Google Adwords
Enter the product category to select your industry- The Category here for Education and Training. If you wish to you can further enter a subcategory which would refine your listing further. For this example we will keep Education and Training
4. Targetting is selecting the Country, Language. Obviously here you will be selecting Australia as the Country and English as the Language.
Ignore the Negative Keywords as this relates to Adwords Advertising. When you are done click Get Ideas
5. This is the Keyword Results Page and delivers, Keyword Ideas, Average Searches for these Keywords and the Competition for each of these Keywords
If you click on Keyword Ideas tab you will see a range of Keyword results based on the relevance of the Keyword Training Resources.
The next column highlights the average monthly search and the next column indicates the level of competition for these keywords.
So which Keywords should I choose?
Your best option to improve your Keywords on the website is to use
a. Keywords that have a Medium - High Search Frequency
b. Keywords with a Low- Medium Co